Well sorted : We placed wooden slats inside each drawer to create three compartments, and painted the interior a regal shade of purple (Plum Wine by Martha Stewart). Transparent plastic boxes sort bras and panties by pattern, texture and fabric.
Before : Make Your Own Dresser! After :
Our DIY makeover is inspired by vintage steamer trunks. A plain dresser gets a smart refresh with paint and campaign-style hardware.
- Remove the existing knobs or pulls on a bare pine dresser.
- Fill holes with wood filler. Pre-drill holes for the new hardware. Sand and patch any rough spots.
- Prime, let dry and coat with pale grey paint.
- Cut decorative paper to size and line each drawer.
- Add brass pulls to deep drawers, but use knobs on any small upper drawers. Embellish each with corner covers to finish the look.
Source : House & Home Magazine, September 2010.